Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

VAG DSG 6 Gearbox and how all started.

I have decided to move my tech page into a blog.
Many people ask questions, post comments and in this way will be faster to answer.
Also I can see not to many people are donating for the support I give so I will have to place some adds on the page.

I have started my journey with the VAG DSG Gearboxes about 10 years ago when I first encountered problems with my own VW Passat DSG and there it all started.
I just refused to pay VW a huge amount of money to repair my DSG Gearbox and I opted for the hard way and started to learn as much as I can.

First I bought a DSG Mechatronic unit for my DSG6 DQ250 , and I thought .. heh , this is going to be an easy job.
Uninstalled my own Mechatronic from the car and installed the newly purchased one into the DSG Gearbox. After quite a few hours of hard work I filled up oil, started the car and went for a test drive.
To my disappointment this was a short trip as my car did not want to change gears from the second gear up.
I started reading and reading , looking for repair manuals and tech stuff... asked people around, cried for help at all the doors, paid huge amounts of money for hardware and software ........long story short :) .....  after 1 year, two other mechatronic units and an extra gearbox I managed to fix my car. After that I wanted to know more and more and more.... and this is how the whole thing started.
During the 7 years period when I had my first DSG Gearbox car I changed 5 mechatronic units and 3 gearboxes, and this only because I wnated to learn and know everything related to this DSG 6 Gearboxes.

Today I get hundreds of mails from all over the world from people asking for help and I do help as much as I can when I see the people are really trying to solve the problem they have and not just trying to waste my time.

Do if you want my help, PLEASE be detailed when you ask questions, give me as much information as possible, send me log files, tell me details about car , VIN numbers (by mail only) so I can help you... but please don't waste my time.

No comments: