Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2016

Passat DSG Common Rail Vibration at Idle.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed a strange vibration on my 2.0 TDI DSG VW Passat 2011 with a CFFB engine, common rail.

It is my wife that drives the car and she did not noticed but I did as soon as I sat behind the steering wheel.
The vibration was mostly noticeable when the car was warm , at idle and in D , R or S prosition on the DSG gearbox.

The vibration was not noticeable when the engine was cold, or it was not there.
I started investigating the problem and the first thing I did was changing the engine mounts. This did help but not much.
After that I thought , Dual Mass Flywheel .. even if I did change the DMF about 30-40.000km ago I still thought I can hear it and decided to change it again.
So DMF changed, dogbone changed , subframe bushings changes ... vibration still there. Less noticeable but still there.

Then i thought injectors, fuel quality.
My wife is buying fuel from a gas station close to her work, but the fuels quality there are questionable.
So i went to Shell, filled up the tank and poured a can of Liqyui Molly Diesel Purge into the diesel filter housing.
Drove the car for a few miles to get it hot then came home and fired a Bell Add D2 cleaner into the intake to clean the intake and combustion chamber.
Engine became more quiet and I could not feel the vibration anymore .... until 2 days ago when I could feel it again.

Now I have ordered 4 injectors that drove under 1000km and I am going to install them this week.

Anyway, changing the Engine Mount, Gearbox Mount, Subframe Busing, Dogbone and cleaning up the fuel system did help a lot can I say but the vibration is still there.


No comments: